Sunday, May 4, 2008

times they are a changin' (kendra)

Life has suddenly become a lot busier in the past week or so. Last weekend was our babymoon. We went to Steamboat Springs, stayed at the Steamboat Grand Resort Hotel, and had a few days of fun and relaxation.


It went by quickly, of course...but we had a great time. We got back Tuesday night, and I spent the day Wednesday trying to get some last-minute things done before starting my new job on Thursday! I have started a temp job that involves scoring the written portions of standardized exams. I know, sounds like a blast. But it hasn't been bad so far. My current project is scoring 4th grade writing. I'll be scoring responses to the same writing prompt for the entire month of May...but it's a pretty broad prompt so there is a lot of variety in the responses. And some of them are quite amusing. :-)

Anyway, working 8-4 five days a week is certainly a change from life as I've known it for the past few months. It's definitely a good change in some ways...it feels good to have a routine again and to be keeping busy, and it's nice to have some extra money coming our way. But already it feels like there's so much less time to do the everyday things I had time to do before. At least we'll be sticking around more on the weekends for the next couple of months so hopefully we'll be able to get things done then. It definitely feels like there's still lots to do in preparation for baby's arrival!

When I got done with my first day at the new job, I felt completely exhausted. I also hadn't gotten to bed as early as I'd wanted to though. The next day I'd gotten more sleep and wasn't quite as exhausted at the end of the day. Hopefully, I'll be able to adjust quickly and working won't take too much of a toll on my pregnant body. :-)

No comments: