Sunday, May 18, 2008

good news! (kendra)

So work is keeping me busy and I have had much less time on my hands for things like blogging. I don't know how many of you have even noticed my absence, but I do have some things to update you on. Most importantly, we went in for a follow-up ultrasound last Thursday to get an update on the cyst and found out that it had decreased in size! It is now small enough that it isn't as much of a concern as it had been. At the current size, surgery isn't usually recommended because there isn't as much of a chance that it could cause problems. So we were very happy to receive that news!

We are hoping that it will continue to go down in size and resolve itself without the need for surgery down the line either. I am also hoping that it won't interfere with the birth at all...they keep telling us that it shouldn't, but somehow I'm having a hard time believing that. Maybe the truth is that the pain I might feel from the cyst would pale in comparison to the pain of childbirth anyway. :-) In any case, it is very good to hear that the cyst hasn't gotten bigger. And even better to hear that it is headed in the other direction! We would still appreciate prayers from those of you who have been praying...that it would continue to decrease in size until it is completely gone!

2 comments:

Jill Felix said...

awesome news kendra. I have been thinking about you heaps and was just about to email you to see how you were doing. yes, I did notice your absence. :) So glad news is good and will keep you in my prayers. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I know you are busy but I miss your blog updates! :) Especially the pictures. I guess what it comes down to...I miss you. Can't believe I still have to wait until August to see you! I love you little sis!