Saturday, March 29, 2008

why i'm here (kendra)

Well, I’m in my 23rd week of pregnancy. Jason has been on me to start a blog for months now and I’ve finally decided to give in. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do. The plan is for this to be a joint effort, but Jason already has two blogs to keep up with so I'll probably be doing a bit more of the posting.

Pregnancy has been an interesting experience for me so far. It all started back at the end of November (well, technically the pregnancy started sooner, but you don’t need to hear about that) when I began to suspect that I was pregnant. We were in Vegas for Thanksgiving with J’s family and by the end of the trip, I was becoming more and more convinced that I was pregnant. On our way back into Boulder, we stopped and picked up an at-home pregnancy test and sure enough, it was positive! Even though I kinda already knew, the reality of it still took me by surprise. Since it wasn’t exactly in our plans for the time being, it was a little hard to swallow at first. There was some excitement, but it was mixed with a good bit of fear and shock as well. It took me a while to settle down and fall asleep that night. We definitely had some big changes ahead of us!

No comments: