Friday, October 17, 2008

jeep! jeep!

Okay so I actually started this post in late September. Here's what I wrote then...

"Yesterday, I decided to take Caleb for a walk in his Jeep stroller. The stroller is awesome!! My girlfriends from high school chipped in to buy it for me before Caleb was born. We have another simpler umbrella stroller, but we're not supposed to use it until he is 6 months old. So we've been getting some use out of the Jeep stroller for everyday purposes even though it's a jogging stroller. When my parents were visiting, for instance, we went up to Estes Park and walked around town with Caleb in the Jeep stroller. At one point, we passed by a little kid who pointed at the stroller and said to his parents, "Look...a motorcycle!!" It is one cool stroller. :-)

Anyway...yesterday, Caleb and I took the Jeep stroller out for a walk on a dirt path near our condo. I even jogged some! Caleb fell asleep not long after we started our walk...and then woke up again before we got back home. It was a very short nap. Then he refused to go back to sleep and decided he was hungry even though it hadn't been that long since he last ate. So we still need to work on napping in the Jeep stroller, but other than that it rocks! I am excited to take advantage of the remaining warm weather and go on lots of little adventures in the Jeep stroller. We have yet to try out the music player, but I hope to do that soon (need to get some batteries first)! You can plug in a music source and the music plays through little speakers pointed toward baby. I, of course, am not up with the times and don't have an iPod to plug into the stroller so I'll have to pull out my discman instead...I am not ashamed!"

Okay, so that's what I wrote about a month ago. I have NOT done a very good job of taking Caleb on lots of little adventures in the Jeep stroller since then. To my credit though, the weather hasn't been as warm as it was. However, today it is absolutely gorgeous!! So I was all geared up to take Caleb out in the stroller. I planned on waiting until he was good and ready for a nap and then going for a nice long walk. Well, things didn't exactly go my way...

We got out of the house later than I had wanted, but we'd finally gotten out to the garage where the stroller was and gotten Caleb all strapped in. Then I put the batteries in for the music player, which I was super excited to try out. However, once that was all set up and I turned my discman on, nothing happened. I'd forgotten to bring the manual outside so I didn't know what to do. I wondered if there was an on/off switch, but I didn't know where it would be if there was. Turns out there was, and in a fairly obvious location, but in my desperation to get going with the walk so that Caleb could start his nap, I never even looked around much for it. Anyway, I gave up on that and we were about to start going when I decided to check the tires real quick. That's when I discovered that the stroller had a very flat tire! Upon examination, I found a goathead in it, which must have been acquired on the last Jeep adventure nearly a month ago. I was SO upset! I pulled out the tire pump, but couldn't figure out how it worked. Nor did I know how to remove the wheel from the stroller. As you can see, I had not done my research on the intricacies of the Jeep stroller.

In the end, I gave up on the Jeep adventure and took Caleb inside for his nap. I took the stroller inside too and proceeded to discover how simple it was to turn on the music player, use the pump, and remove the tire. I'm still not sure how to repair the tire because it doesn't seem like it has a tube to replace. I thought about leaving the goathead in and pumping the tire back up and seeing how well it would hold, but it's probably a better idea to repair or replace the tire. Oh well, at least I got some good photos out of the whole mess (you can see Caleb was fascinated by his stroller and eagerly checking it out instead of napping)...




No comments: