Friday, October 10, 2008

family - part one

So for a while now, I've been wanting to write a post about our wonderful (extended) family. There is much to tell. Especially since it has taken me so long to actually write this. But I'll try not to go into too much detail...

So, as you may know, Jason's family (parents and sister) lives in Colorado. My parents and sister live in North Carolina and Georgia, respectively. So when Caleb came along, Jason's family members were the lucky ones who got to meet him first. Caleb's arrival deemed Jason's parents grandparents and his sister an aunt for the very first time. I guess you could say they were a little excited. If you read my birth story, you already know that Ali (Jason's sis) was present for a good portion of my labor. And she and her parents were waiting patiently at the hospital after he was born to come meet him. They then stayed at our place that night and came to the hospital again the next day to visit. Little did we know until we arrived home a few days later that during their brief stay in our condo, they also cleaned the whole place!! It was AMAZING to come home to...especially as exhausted as we were from those days in the hospital. Such a blessing.

But that's only the beginning, really. Jason's parents have been such an amazing support in these first few months....coming to watch Caleb so that Jason and I can have some time to ourselves every now and then, and always being willing to help out in any way that they can. And, of course, loving our little guy like crazy! Here are some pics of them with their grandson....


And then there's Caleb's tia (spanish for aunt). While looking for a job, she spent about one weekday a week in Boulder hanging out with her nephew and allowing me time to get things done. Now that she has a job I don't have that luxury, but it was very nice while it lasted! She, too, loves Caleb like crazy, and she has been such a good aunt to him! Here are some pictures of the two of them:


Recently, Ali has begun reading to Caleb, which can keep him entertained for quite a while! That brings me to one of my favorite pictures of Caleb with his tia...

No comments: