Saturday, October 11, 2008

family - part two

In early August, my sister (Carrie), brother-in-law (Mark), and nephew (Nathaniel) made a trip out to Colorado to meet Caleb (and visit Jason and I). It was a short, but very sweet trip. Since Caleb was born, I had spent a good deal of time on the phone with my sister, but it was so wonderful to get to see her. And it was so fun that Caleb got to meet his big cousin...


Nathaniel was adorable. During their visit we would often hear him saying, "baby, baby!". Early on in the trip Nathaniel wanted to hold Caleb, so my sister had him sit down on the floor beside the couch, put a pillow on his lap, and set Caleb on the pillow. Nathaniel didn't quite seem to know what to do at first, but he warmed up to it after a bit. In fact, after that first time, he would sit down, put the pillow on his lap and pat it while saying, "baby! baby!"...so he ended up "holding" Caleb several times.


On the Saturday that they were here, we headed downtown, hung out by the creek, ate lunch at the Farmer's Market, got some coffee at a local coffee shop, and watched Nathaniel play in the fountain on Pearl Street...


And in their usual generous fashion, Carrie and Mark didn't leave without treating us to several meals and stocking our fridge and closets with food and other supplies from Costco. :-)

Being the short trip that it was, my thoughts quickly began to turn to future reunions. While they were here, my sister asked me what our plans were for the holidays. I wasn't sure we'd be venturing out of Colorado this year, but after their visit it made me sad to think that we didn't know when we'd see them again. So we've since made plans to go to North Carolina to spend Christmas with my parents and we hope to see my sister and her family then too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! We'll see you at Christmas (probably the day after). What a nice post. :) love you.