Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lilah turns three

Dear Lilah,


You are three years old today!  And such a joy.  I'm so incredibly thankful that God blessed me with you.  What a precious gift you are.  Here are a few things about you:


You are sweet.  You are good at making others feel loved.  You give me the sweetest hugs and kisses and tell me that you love me.  I love that!


You are fun.  You like to be goofy, and you make the silliest faces.  



 You play well with your big brother (at least until the fights ensue).  He appreciates your goofiness and values your company.






You are full of spunk.  It's hard to put that part into words, but those who know you well enough can attest to it.


You have a lot to say.  You spoke from an early age and don't hesitate to talk, whether to yourself or your toys or people you meet in the grocery store.  You love to have books read to you, and to "read" them yourself.  You will sit and go through entire books by yourself, telling the story out loud as you go.

You aren't afraid to express your feelings.  You have opinions about a lot of things (e.g. what clothes you want to wear), and you don't hesitate to make them known. 


You're a good sister, both big and little.  This is the day you became a big sister:




You love Gabriel and often give him hugs and kisses.





This has been a year of big changes for you.  You moved into a big girl bed.  You switched rooms and now share one with your big brother.  You stopped using your paci.  You became a big sister.  And you stopped napping.  Some of those transitions were rougher than others, but you seem to have adjusted to all of them by now.

 Here are a few more random photos from your third year.  Crazy to see how much you've grown in that time!

 
I am so thankful for you, my baby girl.  I am excited to watch as you continue to grow and your personality and talents and dreams continue to be revealed.  But I'm also determined to enjoy you every step of the way.  You are my sunshine, and you fill my heart with joy.


Love always,
Mama 

No comments: