Friday, September 2, 2011

caleb's first day of preschool

Caleb started preschool at the end of August.  The week before, we went to an orientation at his school and he liked it so much that he kept asking when he was going to get to go back.  So the morning of his first day, he was pretty excited.  And, except for one short phase, he's never had much trouble with us leaving him so I wasn't too worried about how he'd do.

What I wasn't expecting was that I would get emotional about it myself!  I've never really been the type to mourn each passing milestone and wish my kid would stay a certain age forever.  But I have to admit that when I was packing his lunch the night before his first day of school, it was a little tough.  Granted, I'm pregnant...so perhaps I can chalk up some of my emotion to that.  But really I just think it was more difficult for me than I expected it to be.

I was a little sad dropping him off on his first day, but once I got involved in doing the things I planned on getting done, I definitely enjoyed the time to myself.  And when I picked Caleb up four hours later, he seemed to have had a great time.  Here are a few pictures of our big boy ready to embark on a new adventure!



No comments: