Tuesday, April 15, 2008

baby's first shower (kendra)

This past weekend, I headed to Delray Beach, FL for the first annual BHS girls weekend. That is, I met up with 4 of my good friends from high school f0r a weekend of fun in the sun. We all came from different places: Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. and Colorado. It was really great to have some time for the 5 of us to get together and catch up...we don't get to see each other nearly as often as we used to! I am the first one to be pregnant so I got to answer all their questions about what it's like to be pregnant and about baby Fraze. Sucharita and Sayward even got to feel baby kick!

On Friday night, we were getting ready to head out for a delicious dinner at a Thai restaurant in downtown Delray Beach. It was about time to go (at least I thought it was), but when I walked out of the bathroom the 4 of them were sitting at the dining room table with a little pile of gifts in the middle of it! I was definitely surprised (not the easiest task to accomplish, for the record) and so thankful for their thoughtfulness. I opened the gifts, which included adorable outfits, a little froggie rattle, a couple of books, and a promise for socks knit just for baby by one of my friends! And as if that wasn't enough, they also told me that they'd chipped in for a gift off of our registry and arranged with Jason to have it picked up! When I got home, I found out that they had gotten us the Jeep jogging stroller that I had put on the registry so I could get back in shape after baby is born!

I am so thankful to have such sweet, thoughtful friends. I can't wait to dress baby in his/her adorable new clothes! And I can't wait for the first time that my friends get to meet baby. They are going to be the best aunties ever!

No comments: