Friday, April 20, 2012

four months old

Dear Lilah,

I can't believe you're four months old already.  Seriously.  Could you maybe slow down a bit?


This was a big month for you.  You went on two trips and had surgery!  You surprised us with how well you traveled on your first ever trip.  We went to MN for a wedding just the three of us.   You brother got to stay with friends for the weekend. 


You did great!  You had your moments on the flights, but overall you cooperated rather well.  And you slept better at night than you had slept at home for weeks!  I decided that maybe you just needed to travel more often.  Then we went on our second trip.  You did not quite live up to your reputation.  Could have been worse for sure, but definitely not as good as the first trip.

In between those two trips, you had your surgery.  That you handled like a champ.  I was proud of you. 


Let's see...what else?  You have definitely found your hands.

  
 And entered into the phase in which just about everything goes in your mouth. 



You've gotten better with our frequent outings.  I don't think you mind them so much.  You don't nap very well when we're out and about though.  Not that you nap that much better at home, but your short naps are even shorter when we're out because you are so easily awoken.  But you usually seem to do okay with the short naps (though sometimes I don't).


That thing I said last month about you sleeping well at night?  Perhaps I jinxed it.  Because right around the time you hit three months, your nighttime sleep took a major turn for the worse.  It was a little rough to have gotten used to you sleeping well at night and then to have it stop.  You've shown improvement though...I'm hoping we got past the really rough patch.  At least until the next one. ;-)

You really like to exercise your legs muscles and have liked standing (with support, of course) for much of your life.  


 When being held, you like to face out so that you can check out the world.

You know what you want and aren't afraid to voice your opinion.  Sometimes, when I stop in the middle of feeding you to see if you have any burps, you scream frantically as if to tell me that you weren't done and I'd better not be stopping.

You still smile lots, but you can be a little choosy about who you share your smiles with.  You always have plenty for Mama and Dada though.







You're laughing more too.  Except that every time I get you to laugh, you get the hiccups.  And then I feel bad.  But not enough to resist making you laugh.


You get cuter by the day, I think.  I can't get enough of you really.  I mean, look at this face...


Love you, sweet girl.

Love,
Your mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our sweet grandaughter. Sounds like she doesn't want to miss anything in her life.
Kisses to you and your big brother.
MorMor + Mor Far

Lindsey said...

Adorable!