Sunday, July 5, 2009

more hiking

Jason had Friday off so we took the opportunity to go on another family hike. We didn't bring the camera, partly because we were already on the way out the car when I realized we didn't have it...and with all it takes to get out of the door these days, I'd rather not go back if I don't have to.

We headed toward Eldorado Canyon and started at the Mesa Trailhead. It sprinkled a bit shortly after we got on the trail, but fortunately that was all the rain we saw. The highlight of the hike was definitely the wildflowers. They were amazing. All different colors, sizes, and shapes. As we hiked along, up some steps and past a little brook, I reflected on the awesome creativity of God and pondered how anyone could believe that the wildflowers I was seeing, in all of their beauty, intricacy and uniqueness, could have just come about on their own. I was torn between wishing I had the camera and being glad that I didn't because I'd want to stop every few seconds to take a picture of one.

We turned around after an hour and a half (that included a stop to feed Caleb) and headed down so that we could get back home for naptime. Jason had carried Caleb on the way up so it was my turn to give it a shot on the way down. He was heavy! Not sure I'll be doing many epic hikes with Caleb on my back. It was two days ago and I'm still a little sore from it. But we had fun.

No comments: