Monday, June 1, 2009

pointer

One of Caleb's favorite things to do these days is point. He points at anything and everything that interests him...cars, trucks, birds, flowers, fans, people (though I've tried to tell him that the latter is a bit rude). He points and points and often seems to be waiting for us to tell him the name of the things he is pointing at. At mealtimes, he likes to use his pointing skills to let us know exactly what he wants. Kinda like this:



The other day I bought some flowers for the flower box on our patio. When Jason got home I asked Caleb if he wanted to show Daddy the flowers and he pointed at the sunflowers in a vase on our dining room table! Not exactly what I was going for, but that was the first time he used his pointing skills to identify something like that. We, of course, kept asking him where the flowers were and enthusiastically praised him for pointing to them. Now any time we ask him where something is (fan, phone, computer, Mama, whatever), he points to...the sunflowers. I wonder what he'll do when I get rid of the now rather dead sunflowers...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like the "happy hands" dance he does between bites. :)

cwr said...

Now he doesn't just look like he's conducting his meal...he really is conducting his meal! "Say please, Caleb!" It won't be long now... ;)