Thursday, January 15, 2009

east coast travels

After spending about a week in NC, we rented a car and drove up the coast to NY for my friend Chrissi's wedding. It was an 11-hr drive, which would be tough to do in one day with Caleb, so we split it into two days. We stopped the first night just outside of DC, where we got to see two of my good friends from high school. Unfortunately, I failed to get any pictures from that little visit, but it was so fun to have them meet Caleb!

Our time in NY was busy, but wonderful. We got to stay with a couple that I knew from college who I hadn't seen since I graduated. The wedding was lots of fun and Caleb was on his best behavior for it, which was nice. Here are some pics from the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception:


The day after the wedding, we drove to CT to see my grandmother. We also got to see my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Roland, my Aunt Liz, and my cousin Tracey. Here are some pictures of Caleb getting to meet his great-grandmother and other relatives:


Before heading back to NY, we met up with my friend Sayward at a coffee shop near my grandmother's place. She is expecting a little one herself in April! I hadn't seen her since she got pregnant and she hadn't met Caleb yet so it was an extra-special visit.

The next morning, we headed to the airport. Caleb didn't do quite as well flying home as he had flying to NC, but it could have been a lot worse. Overall, he did well traveling, but not as well adjusting to sleeping in new places. We were pretty exhausted when we arrived home and felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation, as they say. But I was really thankful that we'd gotten to do all that we had and see everyone that we did. What a great trip!

No comments: