Saturday, August 30, 2008

growing fast (kendra)

For a while it was difficult for me to tell that Caleb was getting bigger. I was around him too often to notice the changes. But when people saw him after not having seen him in a week or so, they would say how much bigger he'd gotten. So I just took their word for it. :-)

In the past week, however, that has begun to change. The other day I put on the first outfit that we put on him in the hospital. I hadn't put it on him in a while because he was swimming in it that first time, so I figured he needed a little time to grow into it. But when I put it on the other day, I could barely get it over his head! Then I was holding him on my lap and realizing how much more room he was taking up there these days. I looked at him in his bassinet and noticed that he took up more room in there as well! So on the night of his six-week birthday, we decided it was time he graduate to the crib...


I'd noticed a while back that one of Caleb's little outfits had the same pattern as his crib sheet. So of course I had to dress him in the outfit, put him in the crib, and take pictures. :-) And when I put that outfit on, I realized that it too had gotten small on him!

Here's a photo of the camo baby...


And here's him in the same outfit the day we took him home from the hospital...


A noticeable difference, wouldn't you say?

No comments: